W00t! My October ad earnings wrapped up at 5 p.m. PST (which is midnight GMT) and the results look *great*! Even better, over the past few days the amounts per day have been shooting up to well over $100 a day, and though the traffic has remained relatively flat since my surge a month ago, the site is really starting proving itself in terms of being able to make money. I included a graph above to let you see the graph straight from AdMob's site, annotated with some of the relevant points.
So now what? Well, obviously, I need even more traffic to make a lasting business. I'm going to go back to where I was in June (was it that long ago?) and start actively encouraging weblogs to use Mowser to mobilize their sites. Also, I've noticed over the past month that as I continue to fix bugs, I get more page views and earn more money (talk about incentive) so that's definitely high on the list as well. And finally, with these numbers in hand (look at that CTR!), I'm going to finally get that business overview done and see if I can find some funding.
One of the things that still bugs me is the 100% reliance on advertising - so I'm going to start looking around again (I tried earlier in the year without much luck) to see if I can find some sort of white-label ringtone/wallpaper/games provider to use on the front page of the site as a way of directly earning affiliate revenue, rather than just being a billboard for ads. I've also thought about stuff that I can create and sell using PayPal or Amazon payments (i.e. non-carrier dependent payment options), but haven't come up with anything compelling yet, but I'm going to start experimenting there as well. I think it's important to take advantage of the traffic in as many ways as possible.
Anyways, it's been a good month - I hope it continues!