Ooh, fresh off of Meercat: J2EE 1.4 Beta Arrives: Web Services Ready. Looks pretty interesting. Among the enhancements:
- The JAX stuff: JAX-RPC from within EJBs and JAXR for accessing UDDI registries, etc.
- J2EE Deployment 1.1 API (Standard for IDEs to package and deploy apps to servers)
- Web services for J2EE specification (JSR 109)
- J2EE Management 1.0 API (MEJBs???)
- Java Authorization Contract for Containers (JACC)
- Enhancements to the EJB query language
- New container-managed Timer Service ("That means EJBs can now wake themselves up and launch a business process") Coooool!
- Simple Expression Language
- JSP Fragments
- Servlet Request Listener Interface
- Updates to Servlet Filters
- J2EE Connector Architecture (for integrating with EIS via adapters)
Some cool stuff. I wonder how long before this'll be in available servers. I, of course, especially like the JSP and Servlet enhancements. I think those will be very useful.