For a Wireless Services Software Engineer for Sony Pictures Digital Entertainment, Wireless Division in Culver City California:
The ideal candidate for this position is a senior software engineer proficient in the design and development of software. This individual must be able to provide and apply technical expertise in the development of software components. Typically, a senior engineer is given a set of functional specifications and a technical architecture and expected to develop technical specifications and supporting code. Additionally, a senior engineer will work as a mentor with more junior engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership in a team setting to design, architecture, document, develop, test, implement and deliver innovative wireless application and services utilizing Java/J2ME, C++ and BREW.
- Designs, documents, develops, tests, implements and maintains software application involving mobile/web-based technologies, such as WML, HTML, Java/J2ME, JSP, CGI, Java Script, C++, BREW, XML, J2EE, applets, Servlets.
- Design, documents, develops, tests, implements and maintains custom Java/C++ library to implement common application logic within the application.
- At least 5 years experience in of software development experience that involved writing software requirements, design specifications, and coding in structured programming languages: Java/J2ME, C++, BREW, WML, HTML, XML, Applets, J2EE, JSP, Enterprise Java Beans, Java Beans, Oracle 8, Oracle 9i Internet Application Server, Apache, PL-SQL, SQL Plus.
- Exceptional expertise in at least one of the following areas: AI, Networking, 3D, Console Development.
Very interesting. I ran across it when I noticed at the bottom of the Mobenta (Mobile Entertainment) website that there was a jobs section. This is the first real help-wanted I've seen for mobile technologies. Obviously in my mind, this will be common as dirt in a year or so, but right now a wanted ad like this is still pretty neat. 3D? AI? Wow... And hey, see that they're using Oracle 9i AS? Niiiice! It's basically Orion Server, my fav. Good choice guys!
I wonder what Sony Entertainment's up to? More Mobile Everquest stuff, or something different? Culver City? That's Hollywood... hmm... maybe there's some mobile tie-ins with movies coming up?
Very, very intriguing.