Instead of adding them to the comments, I'll just post them here and continue updating:
Happy holidays and a happy textual new year. Here's a gratuitus text message from my 9290. --Matt
- Hello World! (What, you were expecting Knuth?)
- Russ, happy new year! No doubt that the US doesn't get sms. --joe friend
- Hey Russ, lets see if transatlantic sms works. Clarity
- Regards from Portugal and the.taoofmac.com :-)
- Happy New Year!
- I message regularly and with glee!
- My first mobile message! Thanks for the push Russ. Bryan, Vancouver, Canada
- Was just introduced to your site. Fantastic! Happy New Year!
- Happy 2004 Russ! -Dan. This msg was powered by PicoMIDP, a Servlet, a free SMS site and a bit of screen scraping. Not my number so don't reply ;)
- Hello Russ, happy new year from freezing Isidis! Hope this bloody works cause none of my other msgs seem to be going through --Beagle 2
- Happy New Year from Galway in Ireland! Not text devoid, but still from the awkward 3650. Sean McCormack
- Hello Russ and Happy New Year everybody. Sending from Denmark at a local SMS charge which is a nice initiative. Isaack
- Happy New Year to Russ and his readers. Best resolution is "Not to make any". Always works for [me]. Best Wishes. Gadget17
- 5 months ago I got my Nokia 3650 because I forgot to bring my Palm handheld back from a trip... how fortuitous... happy new year everyone
- Ewan, Vikki and Eilidh wish the new world a peaceful and considerate New Year in 2004.
- Happy new year - you asked for it. -lance
- Happy new year everyone! Matthew
Wilson@voiz.web.pas.earthlink.net()Happy holidays from Brazil! (I just wish I could be sending this from my cellphone, not from a web site :-)
- Hello! We are now ready to upgrade your brain! Searching... Searching... **error** no brain found :-) happy new year from germany. Jean-marc
- Happy 2004 Russ! From your friends / readers at cacheop.com
- Happy 2004! Happy US messaging as well. -- mkrisher
- New Year's greetings from David Davies, Birmingham, UK.
- 1/2 Happy new year from Paris Russ. This messagefest is a fun idea, worthy of your reputation :-) I use a Treo 300 and despite the presence of a keyboard, I s
- 2/2 eldomly send SMSes, except to answer messages from our american "au pair", who uses them extensively. P@ http://www.chanezon.com/pat/weblog
- Greetings from sunny East Anglia --cdavies
- FRM: txt@beSMS.com RE: Happy New Year MSG: From another ex-pat in Germany. I discovered your site while you still lived in Spain.
- Happy beeping new years eve! Francois from france ;)
- Happy new year from Austin, TX & thechunk.com!
- My fellow Americans: Text messaging is fun and easy! Jim
- Hi russ, greetings from germany. Finally a use for the multiple t9 dictionaries on my 3650 :) happy new year!
- Hi. I'm sending this from a TMobile Color Sidekick. Great keyboard, and it show # of chars. As u type. That is cool! -ron jeffries P.S. Happy New Year!
- Happy new year Russ, from Drew in London, England
- Frohes neues Jahr von Armin in England ministryofpropaganda.co.uk
- Welcome To a New Year Of Texting. - Paul W. Swansen
- Happy new years from a 16 year old se p900 user from boston!
- Prospero aÃ±o nuevo
- Happy new year to everyone, from Jing in Helsinki, Finland
- Happy new year from my p800 & me! -spike
- My first text message ever! (Dave from the next cube.)
- Happy New Year Russ Ana and Alex - all the best from Frank and family http://www.gadgetguy.de
- Happy New year! -Matt McGuire
- Happy New Year from Chicago! Steve Abrahamson, Sony Ericsson P800, Mac user, Avid text messenger.
- Russell! Hapy New Year! Thanks for ALL the incredible tips. You are the reason I bought my Nokia 3650! 3650 Rocks! Bluetooth Rocks! You Rock harder!! Ben!!
- Hello Russell, well come folks get it, Happy New Year to you. Enjoy your site.... Best wishes, Tim Lauer, Portland OR
- HNY from 37143 jkc_frosch.com
- I'm bored. Happy new year. -Usman, New Jersey USA
- FRM:SMS for you MSG:This is an SMS Message. I like SMS
- Yo! Textilicious new year greetings Russ, from BigMartyn in the UK.
More, I'm sure will be coming. :-)
Next day: Note to self - Find an automated way of doing this next time. :-)